If your chart has more than three levels, the Creating Sub-Charts dialog opens, prompting you to break it into manageable sub-charts.
· Click Yes if you want to sub-chart the imported chart. See Breaking your Chart into Sub-Charts to continue.
· Click No if you do not want to sub-chart. You can add sub-chart breaks later if needed. Click Next to continue the import process.
For more information on sub-charts, see Working with Sub-charts in Working with Charts: Advanced Charting.
When you choose to break your chart into sub-charts, you can set how often and where the chart breaks, define conditions on which the chart breaks, and name the sub-charts.
In the Create Sub-charts section of the dialog, use the radio buttons to select how your sub-chart breaks:
· Every: Allows you to choose how many levels are included in each sub-chart. Use the dropdown menu to select the number of levels included.
· Using Field: Allows you to create sub-charts grouped by a specific field in the chart boxes.
· At Level: Allows you to select specific fields at which to break the chart into sub-charts. In the text box, enter the levels at which you want your chart to break, separated by commas.
· Condition: Allows you to select multiple conditions by which the chart is broken into sub-charts. Click Define Condition to open the Condition dialog box, select your conditions, and click OK.
· Break only if branch has at least X or more boxes: Allows you to create sub-charts only for branches that have more than a specified number of boxes. Click the checkbox and enter the number of boxes in each branch before the break in the text box.
In the Name Sub-charts section of the dialog, use the radio buttons to select how your sub-charts are named:
· Default: Names the charts based on the options chosen in the Create Sub-charts section of the dialog.
· From Field: Allows you to choose the field from which the sub-charts will be named. Use the dropdown menu to select the field. For example, if you choose the Department field, each sub-chart will be named based on the department the topmost employee belongs to.
· Show Sub-chart panel after import: Click this checkbox to open the sub-chart panel after the import process is complete.
When you have selected your sub-chart settings, click Next to continue the import process.